My friends call me a salt & peeper guy in a mockery way because of my gray hair. Some sympathize and call me wise guy. Having gray hair in the western world is sometimes referred to as a wise person. The irony is that every old man is wiser ! ( relatively speaking) just because they have see the world and its turns. They have been through most of the obstacles and cherish of life; the sweet, sour bitter and salty all the experiences of day to day life. Do all old people make the visionary decisions? the answer is also gray not so straight black and white.
Its always not so easy while making decisions, especially when you don’t have the all the constraints or the factors that would affect decision \results of it. One would be better off collecting all the factors that could potentially rut the stream reverse and make a judicial action based on the facts, Logical decisions are mostly seem right but not always. So anyone can make the right decision just by follow the simple rules. Few factors I consider to be helpful while making decisions.
- Know completely what is at stake.
- Know what you would want as a outcome of your decision.
- Know all the parties\ factors that would affect your decision or the result of it.
- Weigh in the pros and cons and quantify them as much as possible
- If loosing this decision outcome benefits in the long run go for it.
- Make it shrewd, concise and judicious but don’t rush.
- Don’t rush, but take ample of time to decide, dwell on the problem statement and the preferred outcome and make your decision. You will be mostly beneficial.